Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A New Start!

And so the second quarter begins, and i start Blog numero dos. I will start off this quarter, with a reflection of the last. To begin, I will say that I am happy with the grade that I recieved. There are many things that I think that I could have done better behind the scenes of my Blog, but I'll save that for later, and I will first talk about the strong points of my finished project. First of all, I believe that it was very well organized, and was easy to understand, and recognize the main ideas that I was trying to point out. I think that I was very clear in my paragraphs. I said what needed to be said, just enough to make it easy to understand and relate to, and not much beyond that. I tried to make each post as interesting, and enjoyable to read and observe as possible. In my opinion, I set up my blog very nicely, with a variation in font size, and design. Also, the background of my Blog made it a bit bore exciting at first lance, giving the follower something to get excited about before even reading the first headline.

There are many things that I think I could have done better as well. Most of which are behind the scenes, in the library or at home at my computer. I feel like I could have been much more diligent in class and gotten more work done in class, Instead of taking the work time to talk with friends and check grades. I wasted a lot of time this way, and because of this, I had a ton of last minute work to finish the blog and turn it in on time. This quarter I'm going to try to focus and get as much work done as I can, in the time that is given to me. I will try to be more accurate in the different blog entries, and through them, I will try to paint in my readers head, the best picture of my book, that I can. In the beginning of this year, I wasn't sure whether or not I like the idea of blogging, and although it still seems like a lot of work, I guess I can admit that I would much rather be doing this than writing papers over our books. And the amount of work makes sense, for English III.

This quarter, I am reading a book called "Ship Breaker" It is about a guy named Nailer, who works a light crew, exploring old oil tanker wrecks along the beach, on the gulf coast of America. His job is to search the old ducts that lead down deep into the tankers, and salvage any wiring or other forms of metal that could be worth something. One day he and his coworker stumble on a clipper ship, full of luxurious valuables, that could easily make them more money than they could ever imagine. This is where the conflict arises. How are they going to cash the goods in, without their boss finding out and demanding all of it for himself? This quarter, you as the reader, can expect to see a lot more about this book. I will try to add visuals that will give you an idea of what is going on  in the book, and i will try to make it as interesting as possible. Hope you enjoy it!

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job starting off the first blog of this quarter. I think your insight for your grade and what your strengths were from your first blog project was incredibly well written. It was a strong point to start out with that gives your readers a good impression on the way you wrote your first quarter blog. As far as the weaknesses go for your first blog, I think you have a good plan as to how to improve and how to further enhance the image you make in your reader's mind when referring to your book. I most definitely agree with you when you said that you should and will utilize the time given in class to work on the assignment for the blog because along with you, I have also done the same thing, which caused me to have extra homework that night. It seems like you are going to be more committed and dedicated to getting your blog completed and making it interesting this quarter, which shows your dedication to this class as a whole. Pertaining to your book, I think that the novel you chose will be very interesting to read. The only thing that I will say about this post is to elaborate a little on your ideas for different blog posts by giving examples of what you have in mind. Otherwise, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think you did a good job on your blog. I also agree with you that we should take advantage of time to work on blogs in class. I couldn't get my VLOG to upload last quarter, so this quarter I'm going to record it at school so I can get it to work like it is supposed to. This semester I am also reading Ship Breaker. This is a good book. I was interested in reading this book and was hoping it would be good. I'll be following your blog this quarter to see what you think also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that its crucial to use all the time in class for your blogging. Last quarter I kind of blew off the blog and I know i could have improved my blogging in a ton of ways. I also had the same problems with the Vlogging and know this time that I should either do a different topic or upload the video while at the school. Last quarter I read Ship Breaker so I'll be following your blog to see your thoughts and opinions on it.

    ReplyDelete